Elizabeth Cush, aka “Biz,” is in private practice in Annapolis, Maryland. Her practice focuses on those with anxiety. Elizabeth is an active member of the STC Facebook Community, and she went back to school in her 50’s to get her master’s degree before plunging into private practice. We’ll discuss how she made the leap into private practice and identified her niche. We also talk about the best ways to structure a website and write effective copy that speaks to your ideal clients. Join us!
What We’ll Learn
- The blurred lines between public and private information, especially in light of today’s social media presence
- Making the leap into private practice
- How life experiences helped Elizabeth as a “late bloomer”
- Working with trauma patients and “doing the deeper work”
- Figuring out who you want to (and DON’T want to) work with
- Developing a passion for women dealing with past trauma and substance abuse
- Preparing for the first therapy group in private practice: focusing on mindfulness and meditation
- How your private practice evolves over time
- Dealing with doubt and the inner critic
- Making a personal struggle into your niche
- Designing a website with intentional words and white space
- How Elizabeth speaks to those struggling with anxiety issues
- Remaining true to your heart and soul in writing copy for your website
- Structuring a call to action on your website
- Why groups?
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 5,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – TheraNest
TheraNest helps behavioral health professionals manage their practice with ease and efficiency.
Get 21 days free trial and 20% off the monthly fee for the first 3 months: TheraNest