Michelle Richardson, LCSW, started her group practice in Audubon, NJ in 2015. Her practice, the Mindful Soul Center for Well Being, focuses on women’s issues. Michelle shares how she had a vision for the practice and kept moving forward to make it happen. We’re discussing what the naming process entails when you begin a new practice, the marketing and referral pieces, and much more!
What We’ll Learn
- How Michelle came up with the name for her group practice
- The growth of the practice since 2015: adding 6 other clinicians
- The original vision for the practice
- How Michelle makes it work with mostly private pay clients and very little insurance
- The benefits of private pay clients: flexibility for staff and allowing them to grow and feel connected
- How Michelle decided to focus on women’s issues in south NJ
- The relationship with maternal health care the “the mommy world”
- Finding the niche but exploring sub-areas too
- Balancing your passion with your business mindset
- The challenges in providing website copy that speaks to your ideal client
- Addressing common problems for women: feeling out of balance and overwhelmed, needing to be centered, and finding your way back to who you are
- Deciding on titles for topic areas
- Clearly defining your specialty areas
- The process for getting contact info and referral info
Mindful Soul Wellbeing Find out more about Michelle and her practice!
Zynnyme (Find out more about Business School Boot Camp!)
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 5,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – TheraNest
TheraNest helps behavioral health professionals manage their practice with ease and efficiency.
Get 21 days free trial and 20% off the monthly fee for the first 3 months: TheraNest