My guest today is Maureen Werrbach, an active member of the STC community and owner of a group practice in Chicago. Maureen manages around 20 clinicians and staff members who work for her at Urban Wellness. She is also the owner of The Group Practice Exchange, which supports clinicians who want to build and grow their group practices.
Maureen shares her wisdom and insight into managing staff as a group practice owner. We discuss how to make the mindset shift to a managerial role, how to handle the hiring process and tools for efficient inter-office communication. Join us!
What We’ll Learn
- Making the mental shift from solo clinician to more of a “CEO role”
- Grow a “thicker shell,” learn to delegate, and step into a management role as a business owner
- Let go of the desire to be a “people-pleaser”
- Mindset shifts in hiring other clinicians
- How to allow autonomy but demand consistency
- Allowing your clinicians to see the clients they WANT to see
- Overcoming fear—because it’s normal and we all have it!
- Focus on making sure clinicians have what they need in order to do their best work
- How do you know if you’re ready to hire your first clinician?
- How a business plan can give objective clarity
- External factors that signal that you’re ready to hire others
- Lessons learned in the hiring process
- Hire a single person first, but then multiple people later
- Tools for communication efficiency
Tools used and recommended by Maureen:
Email Maureen: email@example.com
Visit her website: The Group Practice Exchange
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 5,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.