Today’s show highlights a common problem for clinicians, especially those in a private pay practice. How do we get clients’ out-of-network claims paid? Rachael Norman is here from Better; their mission is to help providers not lose patients because of not accepting insurance. Better is an app for filing out-of-network insurance claims. They are a free resource for clinicians and they help in an ongoing effort to help reduce medical costs to patients. Rachael is sharing practical tips that she’s learned and explaining more about the concept of “out-of-network” benefits. We’re discussing the basics of superbills, wording, and coding, along with common mistakes clinicians make with superbills and the next big changes to come regarding claims and coding. Join us!
What We’ll Learn
- What is an “out-of-network” benefit?
- Common types of insurance policies, like HMO’s, PPO’s, and how to know what kind of plan you have
- Why a PPO is often preferred by consumers for its flexible healthcare options
- Benefits for clinicians in providing out-of-network care
- What is a superbill, and what does it include?
- The biggest mistakes clinicians make on superbills, including NPI confusion and code issues
- The biggest changes on the horizon regarding out-of-network claims:
- A database for out-of-network providers
- Expanding codes
- Less flexibility and choice in insurance plans
Find out more about Better: Get Better
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page. Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices. Finally, feel free to join over 5,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter. You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox. You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.