My guest today is Melissa Thompson, LMFT, who practices in NYC. Our topic is how to create an e-course, which is something she and two colleagues have done. They began with a blog that they expanded upon to provide the e-course for moms. E-courses can be a great way to expand your authority and reach, and they create additional income streams as well. Melissa shares her favorite tools, tips, and what she’s learned in thinking outside the box to meet her clients’ needs. Join us!
What We’ll Learn
- Why an e-course? Melissa found that support was needed for moms in their challenges in facing what happens after the birth of a child
- The course developed as a solution to the struggles that moms faced
- Why you must focus on the issues and not on the income
- Content creation: Melissa found a tailored, focused niche on the journey of motherhood
- Ask questions: What are our experiences? What did we long for as moms? What do we hear other moms say they long for?
- The balance between business and purpose
- Validating the e-course through common experiences and challenges
- Making the decision to “put it out there”
- Stages of product development
- Planning and structuring the course: topics covered, considering the different ways people learn and consume content
- Tools used in creating the e-course
- Melissa’s Top Three lessons learned:
- Trust your knowledge, share, and go for it!
- Schedule deadlines for yourself
- Put extra money in the budget to farm out specific tasks
Contact Melissa and find out more about her blog/e-course and her practice:
Tools mentioned in this episode:
More Resources On The STC Blog
Selling the Couch Directory Don't miss an opportunity to get listed in the Selling the Couch Directory! COMING SOON!
Building Your Private Practice Website: The DIY Guide: The #1 advice I receive from successful private practitioners is to build a private practice website as quickly as possible. I put together this step by step guide to help you get started.
STC Resource Page: A growing list of tools, tips, and books to guide your private practice journey.
“Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business” Podcasting Workshop: As STC has grown, I also teach other helpers and healers how to use podcasting to grow their business and impact in the world. If you've been thinking about launching a podcast, please join us =).
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 3,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – Brighter Vision
Sign up using the coupon code COUCH to get a free month of service: Brighter Vision