It’s a new season for Selling the Couch, and I’m excited to be back after a few weeks off! We have a cool topic to discuss today, and it’s one we see frequent questions about in the STC Community. We’re discussing how to use G Suite as a tool for managing a private practice. Join us to learn more!
Gordon Brewer, LMFT, is based in Kingsport, TN. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience with G Suite. We are discussing the G Suite tools available, best ways to use them in private practice, and Gordon’s course for training therapists to use G Suite to their advantage.
What We’ll Learn
- How Gordon’s interest in G Suite began when he needed a way to use his website as his email address
- The reasonable cost involved in G Suite: only $6 per month for the Basic version
- The benefit of encrypted email and the BAA, both of which are required by HIPAA laws
- Why Gordon developed his course, G Suite for Therapists, to help teach others how to use G Suite
- One of the hidden gems in G Suite, Google Forms, and how you can embed these on your website for clients to use
- The BAA (Business Associate Agreement) says that Google will handle information in a secure way and have reliable backups
- How the core applications of G Suite are covered by the BAA and can allow you to “go paperless” in your private practice
- The logistics of using forms on G Suite and having clients fill them out electronically
- Gordon’s Top Three Tips for using G Suite:
- Educate yourself about the different tools
- Be cautious about the parts that aren’t secure, like Google Voice
- Make use of Google Drive for file storage
- How to use filters and organize folders and inboxes
- How Gordon’s Session Note Helper uses Google Forms in conjunction with Google Docs to produce a narrative form session note
- The G Suite applications that Gordon uses most: Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Drive
- The benefit of using a hybrid of new and old technology to automate your processes
Gordon’s private practice website: King Sport Counseling
Find out about Gordon’s consulting work and podcast: Practice Of Therapy
Find Gordon’s course: Practice Of Therapy
Email Gordon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our sponsor: Theranest Get 20% off your first three months, after a free 21-day trial!
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 4,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – RevKey
TheraNest helps behavioral health professionals manage their practice with ease and efficiency.
Get 21 days free trial and 20% off the monthly fee for the first 3 months: TheraNest