[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/sellingthecouch/STC_39_Natalie_Moore_mixdown.mp3″ title=”Leveraging In-Person Networking to Grow Your Practice” artist=”Melvin Varghese with Natalie Moore” image=”http://sellingthecouch.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/STC-Logo-1400-x1400.jpg” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Welcome! Today’s session is all about In-Person Networking. Think of networking as an opportunity to build relationships. My guest is Natalie Moore, who is a Marriage and Family Therapist intern who has developed some great skills in building face-to-face relationships. She has great tips to share with us, so join us!
Natalie shares the following about networking:
- What therapists are best at is connecting with people.
- Face-to-face encounters can set you apart from the rest of the pack.
- One way to put yourself in networking situations is to utilize www.meetup.com to meet new people in your preferred field.
- Natalie also uses email lists from local organizations to track their upcoming events.
- Natalie recommends having an “elevator pitch” that you can deliver in “bullet point” style that sounds natural.
- It’s important to know who your target market is.
- Natalie says that everyone is a potential referral source, so you should meet as many people as possible and follow up with the most promising ones.
- Natalie says that other therapists are usually the best referral source for her.
Natalie has great tips on building networking relationships, so join us for more!
Links and Resources:
www.awakentheself.com (Natalie’s website)
Southern California Mental Health Professionals MeetUp Group: http://www.meetup.com/mental-health