As a clinician, do you have a social media policy? Is it something you’ve ever considered? If not, then this show may open your eyes to this topic. How can we as clinicians create a sound social media policy while navigating the intersection of our personal and professional lives?
Dr. Keely Kolmes is a psychologist, speaker, consultant, writer, researcher, and innovator in San Francisco and Oakland, CA. Dr. Keely’s work covers many areas, but the development of a social media policy is one specific area of expertise. Let’s hear more about this interesting topic from Dr. Keely!
What We’ll Learn
- How to use wisdom in considering the legal side of social media
- What is a social media policy?
- A document for clients to explain how we interact on social media platforms
- It explains how clients can expect us to respond
- It helps frame the clinical relationship and answer anticipated questions
- Why Dr. Keely created a social media policy soon after opening a practice in 2008
- How Dr. Keely anticipated the potential ethical dilemmas social media could bring
- Tips to having a sound social media policy:
- Think about how you use the internet and social media
- Consider whether you’ll have an integrated online presence of your personal and professional lives
- Take an evaluative look at your social media history
- The biggest mistakes clinicians make regarding social media:
- Response to Yelp reviews
- Integrated vs. separate social media identities
- How to respond to negative Yelp reviews (& the legal ramifications)
- More about Dr. Keely’s work and resources
Find out more about Dr. Keely: Dr. K Kolmes
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 4,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – RevKey
RevKey helps with Google Ads and Digital Ad Management.
Get your discount now at RevKey