Today’s topic is one that I’m excited to share with you. We are discussing using a combination of blogging and Pinterest to explode our website traffic. There is so much for us to learn!
Daniel Fava is a previous guest on the show, and he’s become a good friend on whom I rely for input about website strategy and marketing. Many of us, as therapists, wonder how we can use Pinterest more effectively and utilize all that this platform has to offer. Daniel shares with us specific strategies like identifying your target audience, along with tips about the best ways to structure your Pinterest account. We’re discussing the best use of automation tools and keywords to maximize our use of Pinterest. Join me for a show that’s packed full of useful tips!
What We’ll Learn
- Why a private practitioner should focus on Pinterest over other social media platforms
- How Daniel started using Pinterest to share blog posts and noticed how his views increased by 1400%; Pinterest became the main traffic driver to his website
- The exponential effect of Pinterest as people repin your posts
- Why Pinterest is a unique way to interact with others and highlight your content
- Strategies in using both Pinterest and blogging:
- Get clear on who your target audience is
- Set up a Pinterest business account and enable “Rich Pins”
- Treat your Pinterest profile as a resource library for your ideal clients
- Use a professional portrait or your practice logo
- Create a featured board with content
- Use clear titles with keywords
- Search for related boards on Pinterest to curate content
- Use keywords everywhere: in your profile, your business name and bio, board descriptions, and on each pin
- Use automation tools to get more traffic (Examples: Tailwind, Buffer)
- Suggestions for creating beautiful visual images (Example: Canva)
- The wisdom in creating a graphic that isn’t linked to a blog post
- “Your Pinterest board should be an extension of your practice and your website.”
Create My Therapist Website Find out more about Daniel’s courses.
Private Practice Elevation Find Daniel’s podcast!
Brighter Vision Check out the prewritten therapy pages that are available, and use this link for your first month free!
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page. Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices. Finally, feel free to join over 4,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter. You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox. You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – Brighter Vision
Brighter Vision creates beautiful websites for Private Practitioners each and every day. To find out how they can help you simply visit Brighter Vision. Sign up using the coupon code COUCH to get a free month of service: Brighter Vision