Have you heard much about “sales funnels”? If you have, the phrase might have conjured up visions of slick and slimy marketing schemes that haven’t left you with a positive feeling. Today’s show is all about building a funnel in an ethical way, along with things to think about regarding using funnels to grow your business–without the slick and slimy schemes.
Joel Louis is the founder of Integrator and Co., where he focuses on funnel-building with his clients, helping them to grow their businesses in profound ways. He’s here to break funnels down so we can understand how to use them to attract our ideal customers. We will cover several funnel-related topics, including the essential pieces to building a sales funnel and why an email list is so important in growing your business.
What We’ll Learn
- What a funnel is and the three aspects of traffic, landing page, and an email list
- Stages in the Buyer’s journey of awareness in finding solutions to their problems
- The differences in sales funnels regarding how and why people take action
- Think of the funnel as the journey a customer is on to solve their problem
- How to put together a strategy to meet the customer where they are on the journey—and guide them to a solution
- How to get started in building a sales funnel: Where do I need to focus?
- The first step: Formulate your strategy
- How to decide which platform you can dominate and build relationships with your audience
- Why you need to create and post videos to your chosen platform
- The current trend: video, video, video!
- The added bonus to video content is that it can be repurposed in different ways
- How doing videos will create a new transferable skill for you as a business owner
- How to build and nurture your email list, which is a vital distribution channel
- Why you need to focus on quality over quantity in your email list
- Recommended email service providers for beginners: mailchimp.com and aweber.com
- When you need more automation later and need a more complicated email service provider: activecampaign.com and constantcontact.com
- How to know when you need to move to the next level in email services
Find out more about our sponsor: Therapy Notes
For more info about this episode: Session208
Use this link for a 30-day free trial: A Weber
Mentioned in the show:
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page. Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices. Finally, feel free to join over 4,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter. You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox. You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – Therapy Notes
When it comes to keeping your practice organized, you want software that’s not only simple but the best. I recommend TherapyNotes. Their platform lets you manage notes, claims, scheduling, and more. Plus, they offer amazing, unlimited phone and email support, so when you have a question, they are there to help. To get two free months of TherapyNOtes today, just use the promo code “Melvin” when you sign up for a free trial at Therapy Notes