[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/sellingthecouch/STC_Benjamin_Reisterer_Edited.mp3″ title=”Designing and Creating an App for Your Business” artist=”Melvin Varghese with Benjamin Reisterer, LPC” ]
My guest today is Benjamin Reisterer, LPC, in Grand Rapids, MI. He has successfully accomplished something that is a frequent topic of discussion in the STC Facebook community: he designed and created an app. It’s called MetaFi, and it’s a more efficient way for clients to track emotions on a daily basis. He had to think outside the box and take action to see this idea become a reality. We’ll discuss the process he went through and the lessons he’s learned. Join us for more!
What We’ll Learn
- Where did the idea come from? Ben says it grew from recurring themes with his clients
- “When emotions show up, it isn’t good or bad, but it just is. We have to be present with them with our full bodies.”
- Why Ben wanted to create a tool that helps increase emotional intelligence their body awareness, and approach themselves more mindfully
- Where do you start in creating an app? Ben shares how he asked questions and reached out to others in exploring his options
- Ben recounts the follow-up steps after initial drawings were created, and all the other things you don’t think of at first
- “If you want to make something happen, put it out there and the world will refine it for you.”
- What does it cost to create an app? For Ben, it was $10-15K
- What are the challenges and “lessons learned”?
- The process: why you need patience and trust
- The constant fine-tuning of the process
- The logistical issues of work-life balance
- How do you monetize the app? Ben shares what he has learned!
- Exciting upgrades and changes coming in the future to the MetaFi app!
Find out more about Ben’s practice: Mindful Counseling GR
Find out about the MetaFi app, free for IOS and Android users: MetaFi
More Resources On The STC Blog
Selling the Couch Directory Don't miss an opportunity to get listed in the Selling the Couch Directory! COMING SOON!
Building Your Private Practice Website: The DIY Guide: The #1 advice I receive from successful private practitioners is to build a private practice website as quickly as possible. I put together this step by step guide to help you get started.
STC Resource Page: A growing list of tools, tips, and books to guide your private practice journey.
“Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business” Podcasting Workshop: As STC has grown, I also teach other helpers and healers how to use podcasting to grow their business and impact in the world. If you've been thinking about launching a podcast, please join us =).
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 3,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – TheraNest
TheraNest helps behavioral health professionals manage their practice with ease and efficiency.
Get 21 days free trial and 20% off the monthly fee for the first 3 months: TheraNest