Welcome to my conversation with Dr. Dori Gatter. Dori is a Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice and group practice in West Hartford, Connecticut. We’re talking about an important topic for any practitioner: how to move people from interested callers to actual clients. Join us now!
What We’ll Learn
- The insurance vs. self-pay dilemma
- How to convince a potential client that you are a good fit for them:
- Commit to fast response callbacks
- Use a virtual receptionist
- Alleviate anxiety about the first office visit by “walking” them through it
- Offer phone call, email, and text options
- How to build confidence and connection with clients
- Common mistakes that therapists make, including not responding quickly enough and not connecting quickly enough
- Hear two mock calls with Dr. Dori around two different scenarios!
More Resources On The STC Blog
Selling the Couch Directory Don’t miss an opportunity to get listed in the Selling the Couch Directory! COMING SOON!
Building Your Private Practice Website: The DIY Guide: The #1 advice I receive from successful private practitioners is to build a private practice website as quickly as possible. I put together this step by step guide to help you get started.
STC Resource Page: A growing list of tools, tips, and books to guide your private practice journey.
“Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business” Podcasting Workshop: As STC has grown, I also teach other helpers and healers how to use podcasting to grow their business and impact in the world. If you’ve been thinking about launching a podcast, please join us =).
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 3,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – TheraNest
TheraNest helps behavioral health professionals manage their practice with ease and efficiency.
Get 21 days free trial and 20% off the monthly fee for the first 3 months: TheraNest