Today’s show is Part 2 of Episode 116 with Katie May, a DBT-certified therapist who works with teens in Philadelphia. Katie has been successful in creating therapy groups for her clients and is eager to share her tips. Today’s conversation focuses on setting fees, advertising, and filling groups. Join us for more from Katie!
What We’ll Learn
- Setting fees for your group:
- Start from the end and work backward
- Katie’s formula for specific rates
- Options for collecting payment
- Advertising your group:
- “It’s all about sharing value and making authentic connections.”
- Reach out to colleagues
- Offer content through blogs and social media
- Katie’s Top 3 ways to advertise:
- Community connections via an email list
- Word of mouth: “Provide an amazing experience that people will talk about.”
- Katie’s tips for using Facebook ads:
- Be authentic about your passions
- Address a specific niche
- Concentrate on adding value to people’s needs
- “Position yourself as someone who can solve their problems and they will naturally gravitate toward you.”
- Use “retargeting” for those who engage with your content
Find out more about Katie and her groups:
Moon Clerk (Katie’s preferred way to accept recurring payments from clients)
More Resources On The STC Blog
Selling the Couch Directory Don't miss an opportunity to get listed in the Selling the Couch Directory! COMING SOON!
Building Your Private Practice Website: The DIY Guide: The #1 advice I receive from successful private practitioners is to build a private practice website as quickly as possible. I put together this step by step guide to help you get started.
STC Resource Page: A growing list of tools, tips, and books to guide your private practice journey.
“Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business” Podcasting Workshop: As STC has grown, I also teach other helpers and healers how to use podcasting to grow their business and impact in the world. If you've been thinking about launching a podcast, please join us =).
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 3,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – Brighter Vision
Sign up using the coupon code COUCH to get a free month of service: Brighter Vision