Today’s guest is Allison Puryear, LCSW, CEDS, and she’s here to talk about a topic that many find full of panic, anxiety, and struggle. We’re talking about the idea of marketing; how do we market in a way that is kind, authentic, and from a place of service? Allison has a great framework for creating marketing strategies that are kind and graceful. I hope you’ll join us for this conversation and take advantage of Allison’s tips for terrific marketing!
What We’ll Learn
- Things we don’t like about marketing and the way it proves that not everyone is authentic
- Reframing the marketing mindset (it doesn’t have to be the used car salesman approach!)
- Helping people realize they can have what they don’t know is even available
- Finding your WHY: What lights you up inside?
- Aligning the internal and external aspects of marketing:
- Choose strategies that align with who you are
- Use your authentic voice as much as possible
- Focus on 1-2 marketing strategies—not 10!
- Marketing options for clinicians:
- Have a great website
- Build relationships with colleagues
- In addition to the two foundational techniques, consider other strategies that are optional: blogging, SEO, video, podcasting, speaking, workshops, and social media
- Tips for adding new layers of marketing efforts—Don’t try to do it all!
- How to be consistent and keep going
- Marketing with authenticity and grace
Visit Allison’s website: Abundance Practice Building
Visit Allison’s website for her monthly subscription group and find e-courses, scripts, templates, and MORE! Abundance Party
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 5,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – TheraNest
TheraNest helps behavioral health professionals manage their practice with ease and efficiency.
Get 21 days free trial and 20% off the monthly fee for the first 3 months: TheraNest