[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/sellingthecouch/STC_Debra_M._Roberts_Edited.mp3″ title=”Creating a Digital Product Using Your Clinical Strengths and Growing it Online” artist=”Melvin talks to Debra Roberts” background=”default” ]
Today’s guest is Debra Roberts, LCSW, who is in private practice specializing in relationship therapy. Our topic today is one that many clinicians have probably pondered at one time or another. We’re discussing how to take our clinical expertise and turn it into some kind of digital product that extends far beyond the therapy room. Over 20+ years in private practice, Debra realized that she was having success with her clients and finally mustered the courage to write a book that has since branched into a course, training, webinars and more. Debra shares her journey, what she’s learned about her strengths, and some practical aspects to consider about creating a webinar. Join us!
What We’ll Learn
- The “disconnect” in not realizing that your wealth of knowledge can help others
- When you receive positive feedback from colleagues and clients and wonder about the
- “Hmmm. Maybe I AM doing something different.”
- Taking a step back, seeing what you have to offer, and thinking beyond “the four walls”
- The ability to accept a new opportunity without inflating your ego
- Developing a “thicker skin” as you reveal more and more of your true self
- Stepping through the fear to recognize the personal growth
- Dipping your toes into social media
- Why everything you put out should reflect who you authentically are and your personal brand
- How to name your product
- Being “married” to your product/brand name and the visual logo
- Why you should brainstorm with everyone, and not just colleagues
- Why Debra decided on a book, a course, and trainings
- How technology allows more people to be reached
- “The next logical step” after the book? A live training workshop
- Webinars and their often-intimidating technology
- Hire others for the things you don’t want to do—or don’t have time to do
- Start small and then branch out to other insertion points
- Debra’s growth through the process
- The “I’m a messenger” mentality
Find out more about Debra: The Relationship Protocol
Explore Debra’s course: My Communication Tools
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices.
Finally, feel free to join over 5,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter.
You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox.
You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – TheraNest
TheraNest helps behavioral health professionals manage their practice with ease and efficiency.
Get 21 days free trial and 20% off the monthly fee for the first 3 months: TheraNest