As STC has grown, I’ve been wanting to address this topic of getting on other podcasts as a guest. In a typical week, I receive several requests from people wanting to be a guest on STC. There are several reasons why I cannot accept every one of those requests, and there are things to consider in remaining authentic while seeking podcast appearances. In this solo episode, we discuss some tips to follow if you want to increase your exposure by appearing on podcasts.
What We’ll Learn
- Why should you consider being on a podcast as a guest?
- Podcasting is a growing medium that isn’t going anywhere.
- Podcasts are popular because you can listen at your convenience.
- 70% of Americans have heard of podcasts, and 32% regularly listen to podcasts at least once a month.
- Podcasting can help you figure out who you are meant to serve—and do it well.
- Podcasting is a great way to promote products and services.
- Podcasting is a great way to explore whether or not you want to start your own podcast.
- Five tips to authentically get on podcasts:
Access my free resource: Podcast Guest Checklist
Mentioned in the episode to help you contact podcast hosts: Loom
Check out our show sponsor: Therapy Notes
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page. Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices. Finally, feel free to join over 4,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter. You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox. You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – Therapy Notes
TherapyNotes clearinghouse is seamlessly integrated in our application making insurance billing a breeze! When it comes to keeping your practice organized, you want software that’s not only simple but the best. I recommend TherapyNotes. Their platform lets you manage notes, claims, scheduling, and more. Plus, they offer amazing, unlimited phone and email support, so when you have a question, they are there to help. To get two free months of TherapyNOtes today, just use the promo code “Melvin” when you sign up for a free trial at Therapy Notes