Today’s show is a special episode as we celebrate STC hitting the ONE MILLION downloads’ milestone. When I started the podcast, I thought one million downloads was a reasonable 20-year-goal, but here we are, just five years along in the journey. To mark this occasion, I’m going solo today with advice to the younger me, or what I wish I had known five years ago.
What We’ll Learn
- The advice I would give myself if I were starting a podcast today:
- Just get started
- Don’t let fear and overwhelm stop you
- The first episode will be the scariest!
- Podcast around YOUR schedule
- Don’t be afraid to take weeks or months off
- Guard against “pod-fading” by monetizing your podcast
- Don’t get hung up on the metrics
- Don’t attach your business worth to the numbers
- Have money set aside for editing
- Value your listeners by creating a quality product
- Try to find companies who are creating products and services for your ideal listeners
- Look to create partnerships
- Plan 4-6 weeks ahead for your podcast episodes
- Get to a place of ease and flow rather than stress and pressure
- Align your episodes with your products and services
- Bonus Tip: Make your episodes of high value for the right reasons, and income and influence will follow as you serve others
- Your podcast can surpass your wildest expectations!
- Just get started
Show sponsor: Brighter Vision Use this link to find a discount code!
Helpful resources mentioned in today’s show:
On the STC blog, find these free resources, both a live workshop and an evergreen one:
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page. Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices. Finally, feel free to join over 4,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter. You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox. You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
I’ve got some exciting news to share — my friends over at Brighter Vision are offering one of their biggest discounts ever as a part of their 4th of July sale.
Sign up for any new website package by Tuesday, July 7th to receive your entire first year of service for just $49/month and pay NO setup fees.
That’s a savings of over $200!
To take advantage of this offer, simply click here