Today’s show is a special episode as we celebrate STC hitting the ONE MILLION downloads’ milestone. When I started the podcast, I thought one million downloads was a reasonable 20-year-goal, but here we are, just five years along in the journey. To mark this occasion, I’m going solo today with advice to the younger me, or what I wish I had known five years ago.
What We’ll Learn
- People pay attention to your video content, so it needs to be good quality
- Michael’s top three tips for quality video:
- Find a quiet place with minimal background noise
- Keep the mic as close to you as possible; an external mic is best
- Light is the key to how good you look on video
- Natural light is best, but artificial light can work if you keep Michael’s DISC acronym in mind
- Think about the visual elements in the background
- Make sure the camera, phone, or computer is stabilized and at eye level
Find out more about Michael and his work:
Find out more about mics and other gear mentioned in the show:
Today’s show sponsor:
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page. Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices. Finally, feel free to join over 4,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter. You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox. You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
I’ve got some exciting news to share — my friends over at Brighter Vision are offering one of their biggest discounts ever as a part of their 4th of July sale.
Sign up for any new website package by Tuesday, July 7th to receive your entire first year of service for just $49/month and pay NO setup fees.
That’s a savings of over $200!
To take advantage of this offer, simply click here