Today’s show wraps up this season of new episodes for 2020. STC will feature replays of our most popular episodes through November and December. I’ll be taking some extra time for self-care and family activities during the holiday months, along with putting together exciting new shows for 2021. This show keeps with that theme of following your heart and finding compassion for yourself. Join us!
Tori Press is a writer, artist, and therapy enthusiast. She has an Instagram following of over 250,000 people! Tori is here to discuss her journey from a long career in graphic design to where she is today, along with what it took to give up that career and move forward. Tori explains why her art focuses on cartoons, and we’ll wrap up by discussing how business owners can employ more self-love and self-compassion.
What We’ll Learn
- What it was like to make the difficult decision to close down her graphic design business after ten years
- Why joy, passion, and enthusiasm are difficult to maintain as a small business owner
- How Tori found the courage to walk away and realized that not all decisions are permanent
- What Tori learned about herself as a person and a business owner
- How the experience of creating more space for herself became both frightening and freeing
- How Tori found her new passion for drawing cartoons that share the human experience
- How meditation has helped Tori find rest and peace
- How Tori manages the pressure to create
- How Tori handles negative feedback and constructive criticism
- Why business owners struggle with self-compassion and self-love
- Tori’s advice for those who want to reach people on social media and share their message: “Be authentic. Keep putting your message out there.”
- How it feels when you’re truly being authentic and vulnerable in the art you create
- Tori’s book, I Am Definitely, Probably Enough (I Think), due out November 10 (see Resources for information)
Find Tori’s book available for pre-order at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Indiebound:
I Am Definitely, Probably Enough (I Think): Revelations on the Journey to Self-Love by Tori Press
Find Tori at Revelatori or follow her on Instagram.
Thank You for Listening
I know that our lives are busy, and I’m grateful that you took the time to listen to this week’s podcast. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with our colleagues and friends using the social media buttons on this page. Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes as this helps the podcast reach more of our colleagues who want to build successful practices. Finally, feel free to join over 4,000 of our colleagues who are signed up for the Selling the Couch newsletter. You’ll learn valuable tips to build and grow your practice and get the podcast episodes delivered right to your inbox. You’ll also get FREE access to The Tax Write-Off Check List for Mental Health Private Practitioners.
Today’s Awesome Sponsor – Therapy Notes
When it comes to keeping your practice organized, you want software that’s not only simple but the best, I recommend TherapyNotes. Their platform lets you manage notes, claims, scheduling, and more. Plus, they offer amazing, unlimited phone and email support, so when you have a question, they are there to help. To get two free months of TherapyNotes today, just use the promo code Melvin when you sign up for a free trial at www.TherapyNotes.com.